There’s lots to do around Alder Bay!
- Fishing! Salmon, halibut, cod, crab and more. Stop in our general store for tackle, bait, info and snacks and once you’ve prepared your catch at our dockside cleaning stations, we’ll even freeze it for you. Don’t have your own boat? We’ll hook you up with a local charter.
- Book a whale watching tour to depart right from our docks to see otters, seals, sea lions, dolphins, porpoises, humpback whales, orcas and even bears!
- Kayak to world-renowned Robson Bight to visit our resident orcas and other wildlife up close.
- Visit historic Alert Bay, take a tour of the island, walk the nature trails or visit the U’mista Cultural Centre.
- Take a leisurely stroll around the boardwalk village of Telegraph Cove.
- Or just set up your camp chair by the water and watch the eagles sore above you and the whales swim by as you soak up the peace and quiet!